Filter by Category
Safe Travels ~ Car Seat Class
with Alicia Provost
Car seat safety has changed a lot over the years. Do you know the safest way to buckle your baby up?
This class helps inform parents, grandparents and other caregivers of the importance of proper child restraint use (car seats) for their infant. You will learn:
- Evidance-based information
- Do's and Dont's of car seat safety
- Proper installation of infant seat & base
Please bring your infant seat, base and owner's manuals for both the seat & your vehicle (if possible). A variety of car seats will be present for demonstration purposes as well.
Big Brother/Big Sister Class
with Tammy Ames
Big Brothers or Big Sisters can have an opportunity for special time with Mom or Dad before their new baby arrives. This class includes:
- Role play with their own special doll/stuffed animal you bring from home
- Watch a movie about being a big sibling
- Have story time
- Take a "field trip" to the Birthing Suite to see where Mom will be once the new baby arrives
This class will last exactly ONE hour. Recommended for Children ages 3 to 7. Mom should be in her last trimester. Class FEE is per family. When checking out, please do not add your children as attendees.
Celebrating Birth ~ Childbirth Preparation
with Rachel Murer
Being prepared for childbirth can ease your mind and make your birth experience what you hope it will be. This class will give you the information, resources and skills to prepare you for the birth of your baby.
This class will cover:
- Anatomy and physiology of the birth process
- Stages of labor
- Pain management & control options
- Positions to labor in
- Positive thinking
- A tour of the Birthing Suite
Expecting mother/couple should be in their last trimester. Class fee is per couple. When checking out, please don't add your support person as an additional attendee, only enter their name when asked.
New Dad-to-Be Class
with Lee Cote
New dads-to-be have their own questions. Join other men to get answers and information on the amazing year ahead! Topics will include:
- Planning and preparing for your new addition
- Your partner's labor and delivery
- What to expect once you get home
This class is for men only.